- Senior Chief Design Engineer, electronics
- 2012 – present
- Senior Electronics Design Engineer, embedded computing & memories
- 2007 – 2011
Nokia Oyj (Nokia Networks)
- HW Specialist, Embedded computing Systems Engineer
- 1995 – 2007
I worked with Nokia as an electronics designer for almost 12 years. I was responsible for the embedded control computers in plug-in-units. This covered the processor, memories, and connections to other parts of the PIU. My work included schematic design, PCB design (signal integrity consultation etc.), product verification, complex problem finding (with oscilloscopes, analysers, emulators etc.) and correction, VHDL design and simulation, test SW programming (C), partner collaboration, some windows programming etc.
Linnankosken Lukio (upper secondary school)
- Teacher’s substitute
- 1989 – 1995, several short periods
I worked as a substitute teacher during my studies. I taught mainly mathematics, but also some physics, chemimstry and computer science.
Several construction sites
- 1989 – 1995, summer jobs
I did a lot of general work at several construction sites on summer vacations during my studies. This included apart from the usual carrying and cleaning also quite much of real construction work.
Helsingin A-klinikka (The Helsinki A-clinic)
- 1991 – 1995
I worked as a substitute for the regular receptionist for his vacations and sick leaves (during my studies). My work included answering phone calls and receiving and guiding the customers.
Tolkkisen saha (a sawmill in Porvoo)
- Sawmill worker
- 1989 spring-summer After the Finnish “lukio” (upper secondary school)
I worked at the local sawmill handling logs coming from the debarking chamber.
Complete renovation of our first apartment
I did a complete renovation of our apartment. It is a three-room apartment in a 1920 built wooden apartment building (log walls, backing paper, sawdust insulation). It took several months worth of work, and introduced me to the intricacies of restoring old buildings.
University of Helsinki
- Master of Science, 1999 Eximia cum laude approbatur, (Accelerating data transfer with burst accesses in the backplane of control units (Nokia))
- Major : Physics (general physics, semiconductor physics, electronics, data analysis, some astronomy etc.)
- Minor: Computer Science (equal amount of studies as for CS Major)
- Ylioppilas, 1989, (upper secondary school, matriculation examination) Laudatur (laudatur in Mathematics, Real, English, Swedish and Russian, magna cumlaude approbatur in Finnish)
- Languages: fluent Finnish and English, adequate Swedish, some Russian
- Digital electronics – Design and verification, trouble shooting
- Digital electronics – Embedded processing, memories and buses
- Digital electronics – Signal integrity design, simulations and measurements
- Digital oscilloscopes and logic analysers
- VHDL design and simulation
- C++ programming
- Wooden boat (care and boating)
- Music (singing with Jussin Rekut)
- wife and three children